Who can submit a nomination for the BCI Awards?
The awards are open to anyone who meets the criteria of the related category.
Is there a cost to enter the awards?
The awards are free to enter.
Do I have to be nominated or can I nominate myself?
We accept self-nominated and third party entries for both organizations and individuals.
Number of submissions per individual or organization:
Where more than one individual/organization submission is received, a maximum of three submissions will be sent to the judges for scoring, references to the additional submissions will be made by the awards team to the judging panel.
Which region do I enter?
- You must be residing or working within the chosen region in order for your submission to be accepted
Can I enter the Global Awards directly without entering a Regional award?
How do I enter the awards?
Select from the list of regions displayed and choose the category you wish to enter, complete the online application form, and click submit when completed. Please note, there is a strict word count that must be adhered to.
How do I know that my entry has been received?
Once you have submitted an entry, a notification of thanks will be displayed, you will also receive an email confirmation directly from the BCI acknowledging receipt.
Can I enter more than one category?
Can I enter more than one region?
You are permitted to enter submissions for different regions provided your entry is focused on organizations or individuals working or residing in the region.
References, what format should they take?
References/testimonials, a formal statement supporting the submitted nomination, we will not accept simply, a name, email address and telephone number. References/testimonials are accepted from: stakeholders, clients, colleagues. Submissions received without a reference may delay your submission being scored or result in your submission being rejected.
Attachments and supporting documentation:
We will accept PDF or PowerPoint documents as supporting documentation only.
What are the next steps after I have submitted an entry for an award?
- Your submission will be reviewed against a set criteria, if any information is incomplete or missing you will be notified by the BCI Awards Department for clarification, your entry may be rejected if incomplete
- All submissions are correlated and sent to the judging panel for scoring
- Scores are returned to the awards team and reviewed by the Chair of the BCI Judging Panel – Iain Taylor FBCI. The shortlist is announced directly to the applicant, details are displayed on the BCI website and an announcement is made on social media.
- Winners will be announced at regional or Global award ceremonies
I am unable to attend the awards ceremony, what happens if I win?
If you have made the shortlist, the BCI will then make contact to find out if you are attending the awards ceremony. If you are unable to make the event, we will ask you to provide us with contact details of someone who could collect your award on your behalf if you win.
I am not a member of the BCI, can I vote for Industry Personality?
- The regional nominations for Industry Personality are open for public vote. Details of how you can cast your vote are sent out via T-News, Social Media, and dedicated e-blasts. You can only vote once and for one candidate only. To be added to the BCI mailing list please click here
- The global nominations are made up of individuals that have won the regional industry personality award. This is a closed nomination process, only a BCI member can cast a vote, soliciting for votes is not accepted and may result in the individual being removed from the shortlist.
How are the judges selected?
Judges are selected from the Global Membership Council.
Will my submission be treated as highly confidential?
Yes, all submissions received are treated as confidential, only the BCI awards team and BCI awards judging panel will have access to view its contents. No information is passed on to a third party.
Will I receive feedback from a submission?
No, feedback is not given on submissions.
*If you are in the BCI Hall of Fame you may not enter the category for which your Hall of Fame entry was based.